Tuesday 5 January 2010

New Year Dhamaka 2010

To begin with, I wish all my readers a very happy and pleasantly happening New Year. The start was great for me. On 31st night I ate till I felt that my stomach will burst if I try to stuff in more. And the last weekend, I saw two incredible movies one after the other – Avatar and 3 idiots.

Of course Avatar is a super duper hit; but I didn’t know anything about the movie before watching it, except the name, the blue- black posters, and the director’s name of course. In fact I never bothered to check on that since I was not all the way excited about animated and unrealistic movies. But this is not like that, it has that girly touch to it and the movie gives due importance to emotion. Believe me or not – this was the first time I was watching a 3D movie. I was excited when I got the big 3D spectacles and double checked it with Ettan’s before choosing the best one. The actors were not popular ones (Point to be noted: I cannot identify more than a handful number of actors when it comes to English movies). But that really didn’t matter since I loved the Navis (The animated characters) better. I should admit that I was watching the movie for its colour and charm and didn’t pay attention to the technical details. It was a fairy tale for me. I did jump out of my seat a couple of times and leaned over sometimes to touch the flowers of the Eywa (the sacred goddess of Pandora). The dialogues are written beautifully – simple and just perfect to strike the chord especially when it comes to humor. The location is too good. I would love to go there once the way they flew over on those huge bat kinda creatures. The climax (The final shot I mean) is just awesome.

I was still roaming around in the fancy land when we started to watch 3 idiots the next day. I should say, it’s a must watch kewl movie. The movie is all about fun, fun and fun. It’s like a nonstop entertainer from the beginning to the end. Hats off to the crew – the movie rocks! Much much better than the book which the author claims that the movie is based on. In fact there is nothing to compare since they are way too different. Except for the basic plot – the campus, 3 crazy guys, a padakoo professor and his beautiful daughter, and some stray scenes here and there, there is nothing common between the book and the movie. There is no need for such hype about giving credit, copyright or whatever to the author. Every youngster will be able to relate to the movie at some point or the other. It’s another Aamir film as such since he rules the movie end to end. Sharman supports him and as expected he just lives the role – a character made for him. There was nothing outstanding in Maddy’s cast but he did carry around with ease. The all popular jokes like ‘Induction motor starting like vroom vroom vroooooom’ is being used but it really didn’t look outdated – all credits to Sharman Joshi!
After watching these two movies, I felt this weekend to be just perfect to start the year.
Since this is my first post for the year, I’m here to recollect the happenings of last year. I had always wanted to write diaries but I never had the guts to expose all my thoughts in a book, which might come handy to anyone at home ;) Why knowingly put yourself in deep trouble? But I used to write for every New Year. This year, being the last spinster year, I have mixed feelings. I’m excited about marriage, but although I don’t believe rather don’t want to believe that I would be restricted after that… No, that won’t happen. People say that these kind of scary thoughts are common for girls but generally don’t come if the girl has been staying out of home for a long time and it’s even rarer if she already knows the guy. Now if you say 4 years is long, then I’m away from home for quite a long time but I’m still homesick and these days it’s crazy. I’m visiting home every alternate weekend making any good convincible reason. Making people at home aware of this would be the last thing I wanna do now. I was prepared for getting married from a very long time but when it’s nearing, I kind of feel scared. I find myself uttering the aamir slogan – “all izz well” these days.

Last year was kind of dragging for me. Everything was as usual. But yes, we went for outings – Wayanad and Coorg. Office was boring to the peak… thanks to recession. At home, it was fun after Vishu. Actually when I’m looking back, nothing is striking me. Altogether not so good but yet trouble free year. This year is crucial. My status gonna change from single to married. New home, new relations – I know everyone but still it feels strange. I may have to shift my work location … hmm its gonna be a hectic year … but looking forward for it … eagerly with my fingers crossed J

3 comments:

COMMUNI said...

First, Happy New Year chechi..I'm sure you would have a good year.

About 3 idiots, no one expects less from Aamir-Rajkumar Hirani combination. Glad to hear it reached the expectations.

Sreeja Sivakumar said...

Surprisingly it was so less happening a year..may be a cool time before a more happening year..;)
And good to see the review on Avatar n 3 idiots..

I saw 3 idiots and have not read the book of Chetan Bhagat.I liked it..it was very much a cool movie..with all Aamir elements into it...But I felt the scriptwas written after checking the forwards of some IT persons inbox.
Even bfore they could crack it,I was able to expect wat was they heading at..That spoiled the freshness for me...But the timing n delivery of the jokes were really good.I could sense it well,as people who have not read those forwards were laughing their hearts out..

waiting to see, rather feel the avatar experience..

Raju..wishing you a gr8 year ahead...
At last this year had in it, that could give you the drive to change your job profile or location..;)
So all the best..just keep rocking the same way as you were before,even after the marriage..

r@j! said...

Thank you communi and Sree 4 the wishes... and wish you too the same! ...wonderful and memorable times with your beloveds :)